Monday, April 5, 2010

Trip to Israel!!!

I couldn't have left Ghana at a better time: there was no water and the electricity was about to go off for a 12 hour block. I could not have been more excited to leave. I got up early in the morning and took a cab with my friend Jenny, who was on my flight to Israel, and we went to the airport. As always there was horrible traffic and it took about 30 minutes to go about a mile (no exaggeration). The airport was fine...the departures section is MUCH nicer than the arrivals. There was even air conditioning! My visa has expired and I couldn't have submitted it for renewal because it would not have come back in time for my trip to Israel, so I had to pay a small fine. Jenny tried flirting her way out of it, but it didn't really work. Rivky and Zahava didn't have to pay anything...I think I just got unlucky. Anyways, I flew through Ethiopia, which was really cool. I am now inspired to travel there!!! It's really different than West Africa. (Keep on the look out for a future blog). The best part of the flight was the kosher food, which was even meat!!! Airplane food has never tasted better. No Joke, I have a new found appreciation for it.

We landed in Israel and it was GREAT. Though there was slight culture shock because the guards we certainly not flirting with us, it was amazing and I could not have been happier to land in Israel.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for great posting! i am so glad you have lots of fun, it makes me be so happy cause i go to israel next week! you have places to recommend about?

    ReplyDelete